Crystals are like batteries + hold an energetic charge.
Some crystals will even pick up on other energy,
taking them away from their optimal vibration.
Clearing your crystals and stones is a process of returning the crystal to its natural base vibration, and helping it move back into alignment with its natural high frequency state.
Crystals come from the Earth, so it is best to clear them to keep them connected to the pure energy of where they came from. When cleared, stones and crystals will revert to taking in as much of Earth's energy as possible, the crystal then offers that stable and highly transmittable vibration to you.
When To Clear Your Crystals
Trust your intuition about when to cleanse. Does your stone all of the sudden not excite you, or draw you in. This may be an indication that it needs to be cleared. If you carry them consistently, you should probably cleanse them after about a week or two. It all depends on how you feel while using the stones and the type of environment you’re in.
- have had an emotional experience while carry your stone
- If your bring your stones are around extreme negativity
It would be a good time to clear them.
How To Clear Your Crystals
- Ceremonial White Sage. Simply submerge the crystal in the plant’s smoke until you feel its
- Sunlight. Place your stones in sunlight, moonlight, or rain. Allow the stones to sit for up to one day. (This is also a method to charge them.)
- Plant Energy. Placing your stones on or near a plant can help quicken the process.
- Earth. Bury your stones in the Earth for 24 hours, but mark your spot!
Water.Hold them under running water while thinking of all the negativity being washed away
- Salt Water. Place them in a bowl with Epsom salt and give them a nice soak
- Rain Water. Place them outside during a fresh rain to wash away all energies and return to a natural vibration.
- Sound. Details below.
Please note that the unique properties of these stones:
Keep Dry [may loose their coating/ color]: Lapis, Malachite, and Sodalite, Selenite, Angelite, Turquoise, Kunzite, Kyanite, Calcite, Labradorite
No Sunlight [may bleach out]: Aventurine, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Citrine, Kunzite, Fluorite, Rose Quartz, Smoky Quartz, Magnesite
Powerhouse [doesn't need much cleansing]: Apophylite, Azulite, Kyanite, Citrine, Phenakite
Our favorite and quickest way to clear a stone is through sound, loud healing sound. Sound acts like a vacuum cleaner. But rather than sucking the energy out, it simply shakes up the unwanted energy from the physical matter of the stone and once that sound stops, the matter will return to its natural base vibration.
How to Clear with Sound
- Use your intuition and tune into your crystals and stones to see when they need to be cleared.
- Pick a mechanism to use: Chime Tibetan bells, play binaural beats, use a sound bowl, gongs, rattle, drums or any other source of natural sound to clear out all the other vibrations.
- Place your crystals on a table and begin to use sound over the crystal.
- Tune in and sense the energy, maybe ring it again, maybe wait- this is up to you to read the energy. You cannot mess it up, trust yourself.
- Open up to the process and pay attention to how you feel when you begin clearing. Stay open as you are playing the sound, and trust that you will be guided to feel "something" when they are clear.
- Once you feel a slight and subtle shift, move over the next crystal and do the same thing.
- Make sure the sound is loud.
- Clear at least every month.